Monday, July 9, 2012

QAL- New and Old

Hello, hope you are doing well, maybe a bit cooler than a few days ago? We were. Only 91 today, only? Saturday was 105 - oh my! Strange weather these days. So with such sun and heat - you can only be outside so much right? Well, guess what I did with the rest of my time? Well beside catch up on my blog reading... SEW! yeah! And see what I finished.....drum roll please.....


Yes, all of my Retro Flowers blocks are completed!! Now after a few minutes hours of arranging and rearranging the layout, I think I am happy with it and ready to sew the top together :) Happy, very Happy!
(well, not happy with that second block from left at top--reading VERY gold when in reality it is the same limey green that is in the second row from top, last block on right....ok its a small thing).
On to sewing them all together and adding the borders. Progress...it's a good feeling ;)

Oh and in my blogland reading I ran across this QAL--anyone interested?  I couldn't help it, I have been wanting to try the "Granny Block" out after seeing such great blocks of color and scrappiness on many blogs so I signed up! (hmmm.....this wasn't on my (formal) list of projects). This is called the "Great Granny" as there is a 4th round of squares -  in the center is baby, next round mama, next granny and finally Great Granny--cute! So if you are interested stop by Jodi at Pleasant Home for some block inspiration and  then over to Lori Holt at A Bee In My Bonnet for a look at her finished 9 block quilt. The block tutorial is on Lori's blog and will have new posts weekly. PLUS GIVEAWAYS! Jodi has a bunch of great links to a flickr group for everyone to join and post pics.


Have a great week!!

Linking up to Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday

5 comments:

  1. Well done on finishing your blocks, in all that heat too! I saw that SAL and am still debating with myself whether I want to take on yet another commitment. I love the blocks though, so maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo on finishing your blocks! They look great!! I don't need anymore projects but I may have to check out that QAL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginny, the retro flowers look great! Don't you love the feeling of getting all of the blocks done?
    I've been wanting to do a granny block quilt too...hmmm I just might have to join you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It is a great feeling to have the blocks done and now piecing the top! Hopefully will be quilting next week! Yes! Join me on the great granny blocks - it is always more fun with others!

      Delete
  4. Great job on getting your Retro Flowers blocks finished - they look stunning!

    The QAL sounds fun - will have to think about it for abit but will definitely visit them for a look see. Thanks for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! I love hearing from you!