Thursday, November 17, 2011

Lost and Found

I am so happy! Have you ever lost something and thought it was gone for good? Something that was meaningful to you, that got you through a rough patch? Well, that is my story today. I took a class on a raw edge applique and started to create a quilt, it took time to decide the color placement, the shading of each block....and it was finally complete except for the binding. Then came the move. Friends came and helped me pack, and boxes went to storage. Then when I moved into my current home, all the boxes came home and over the past year I have unpacked, and sifted through what to keep and what to let go. But I never found that quilt. I looked and looked and after a year had pretty much gave up. I gave it one last shot and in the very last box, marked "bath" under a couple sets of bath towels, there it was was! What was lost was found!


So now it is a UFO! I put the binding on last weekend and now just have to hand stitch it down on the back. Stay tuned for the final, full on pics.  I named it "Out of the Dark" as I reversed the color scheme and have the darker blocks behind the bright flowers vs the orignial placement whe the darker blocks were the outer border. It is made of many different batik's. This was a class by  Linda K. Johnson and Jane K. Wells -- the Crafty Ol' Broads from Ft Wayne In to give due credit.

It makes me smile :)   Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! I love hearing from you!